Tuesday 27 March 2012

naming and other small asspects of my magazine

for the name of my magazine i have a few idea's:
-Amped up
-Ampage
-Mute
-volume 12
In the end i choose to go with my orignal idea of "Amped up" which being a blend of being ramped up, a reference to volume and being in a hyper sort of state and of course and Amp being the main key to loud music.
my next task was to pick a style of font that suited the name and the general genre of my magazine, rock, punk and indie, but also being gritty, almost looking broken but looking hard.


the 4 fonts i chose between are on the right of this text. I felt all four represented the basic of what i wanted but my personal favorite and thus the one i will be using is the third down(in black) a font called gasmask. i feel is is gritty, almost dirty and broken looking enough to be exactly what i want for my magazine.


My slogan, for my magazine i want a slogan that shows the attitude of the magazine, i wanted it to show that it is a very British; rock, punk and indie, orientate magazine to i chose to do a twist on the classic "keep calm and carry on" which is very widely associated with Britain and i cam up with "Sod calm and lets rock" it will appear on every issue in a ways shown below, but this may be subject to change depending on how well it fits in to my final magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment